Responsive website design and development creates webpages that can be viewed on a wide range of devices, like computers, smartphones and tablet devices. Responsive design allows designers to create web pages that automatically adjust their layout and appearance to fit the screen sizes of various device. A company’s website can be a highly effective marketing tool that can be very cost-efficient, offering a high ROI (return on investment). This post will explain what responsive websites are, why they’re important for your business and how you can use them to your advantage to increase your company’s sales, bookings, leads, brand awareness and overall growth.
What is web design and development?
What is the difference between a web designer and a web developer?
Take advantage of the Digital Octapus web design expertise and let us grow your business online
Digital Octapus is a digital marketing agency as well as a web design and development agency in Cyprus and Greece, providing small and medium-sized businesses the digital tools to improve their marketing presence, attract more clients and sales fast and at the same time retain existing ones. Digital Octapus being one of the leading web design agencies around, is a hub of WordPress specialists offering web development services in the following areas:
- corporate website development
- ecommerce website design and development
- personal blogs
- membership websites
- website booking solutions (hotels, car rentals, gyms, spa, medical centers and more)
- business development
- customized solutions for increased customer experiences.
All in all, Digital Octapus is a digital marketing agency that has mastered the art of creating websites for small and medium-sized businesses. We work hard to make your business grow. Whether you’re looking for corporate website development or an e-commerce solution, our WordPress experts can offer you professional and affordable website development for your business needs. To learn more about all the digital services we provide, have a look here.
If you’re wondering what is trending in the website design and development world, then the Digital Octapus Blog is the right place for you to learn all about marketing tools, web design processes and business development.
The Digital Octapus Blog helps web designers, web developers and digital marketers to learn about the latest technologies, trends and marketing strategies. It also provides tips on how to make your website stand out from others.
As a digital marketing agency focused in Greece and Cyprus, we create a magical web experience for your customers
- Your website should be a marketing asset, not an engineering challenge.
- Discover your target audience and monetize members-only content.
- Build a community with user trust.
- Be reachable by your customers and fully operational 24/7 with built-in automations.
By being a WordPress website development agency and focusing exclusively on small and medium-sized businesses in Greece and Cyprus, we can provide professional and affordable website development. In combination with our business consultant and being WordPress experts, we understand the business environment you’re in and your business objectives so we can build your website in a way that works for you and turns a great return on investment.
Why your business needs responsive website design and development
When you want to promote your business or service, it is important that you do it using the best means possible. If you have a website and no one can find it, then how are they going to know about what you offer? The best way for people to get information on your services online is through a website. A well-designed website will be able to draw in new clients as well as loyal ones who appreciate the quality of work that has been put into making sure everything looks great for them. You need a website so that potential customers can learn more about what your company offers and make an informed decision when they decide to use your services. If you do not have one yet, then now would be the time to start building one.
One of the most common reasons why businesses opt for web design and development is because of its cost effectiveness. This is especially true if there are multiple pages associated with each aspect of their business, such as product detail pages, team members page or events page.
Digital Octapus is making a difference in your clients’ lives!
- We are actively trying to positively impact the lives of our clients beyond their KPI reports by providing quality leads for their business.
- Are you interested in some solid digital marketing advice for your business? Then contact now a leading web design and development agency in Greece and Cyprus to give your business the competitive advantage it needs.
- This shows the way a user will navigate the site to ensure users find the information they need easily. This is the strategy setting out how you will create, organize and deliver your content. It includes a section on planning and evaluation followed by sections covering design for information architecture and content organization.
Copywriting and content planning
- When Google finds new pages which include specific keywords, they rank those pages higher in their search results. It’s important for a website to have a strong SEO strategy, because search engines like Google and Bing can determine how well websites rank. Another part of the content planning phase is link building. This phase is important as we have to determine which keyphrases will be linking to other parts of your content, thus passing “link juice” to other pages making it easier for crawling bots and real visitors to navigate the website. If your website isn’t considered an authority on the topic of real estate in your area, you will end up missing out on a significant amount of traffic. When creating an effective website for your business, you need to have the right copywriting skills in order to make sure that your website is seen by potential clients.
Here are some tips for writing a good headline and starting paragraph:
- Use visual language – This means using words which will draw the reader’s attention when they look at your page and help them understand what you want them to see on this page. Visual language is something that should be used throughout all of your content so that people know exactly what they’re looking at.
- Be specific – Use keywords which are relevant to your topic and help people find the content that they are looking for. If you have a blog about pets, be sure to use keywords such as “dog”, “cat”, or even just “pet” in your headline.
- Be concise – The more information you put into your header, the less likely it is that someone will click on it. Try to include only the most important points about what your page is about.
Don’t place all of your keywords in one area – It may be tempting to do this because it’s easier than writing a separate keyword phrase for each word but remember that readers will see all of them at once so make sure they are meaningful and relevant to the topic of your article.
- Use an image – This can be anything from a simple graphic (eg: cartoon) or something more complex with text (eg: infographic). Images work well when used alongside other elements like headlines, sub-headlines and bullets which will break up large blocks of text.
Now that we have the information architecture finalized, our designers get to create an engaging visual environment. To create a seamless visual experience, we use a combination of responsive web design and mobile-friendly content. Our websites are built in a way so they automatically adjust their layout to fit the screen sizes of different devices. Additionally, all our pages are search engine optimized, so they rank well in Google searches and other search engines.
SEO (search engine optimization) for organic traffic and steady growth in search engine results
Your website should be structured and easy to use for your target audience, as it is the only way to increase your visibility. SEO is a process of increasing the number of organic visitors to your website by improving your pages’ visibility in search engines, including search results, image search and video search. It is also used as a marketing strategy to attract more clients and customers to you or your business. The best way to optimize your site for maximum exposure is through writing an effective blog article, which will be ranked on all major search engines like Google, Yahoo!, Yandex and Bing.
Hence, it is essential to use a good SEO service provider who can provide you with the most suitable solution for your business.
At Digital Octapus we have developed an effective marketing strategy that increases visibility of your website in search engines, thus increasing traffic to your website, which turns leads to sales. Our SEO services include:
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Content creation and management
- Link Building
- Directory Listing
- GMB Optimization
We are happy that we can help you grow faster than ever!
How website design and development helps in businesses profitability
A website is the basic infrastructure for any business. It gives you a platform to connect with your customers, prospects and employees. Building an effective website can help you attract more clients, generate leads, increase sales and improve your brand image. In addition, it can have a positive impact on your business in the long run.
With the help of website design and development, you get to showcase your products and services online. This is important because it helps build user trust with customers and improve brand awareness. It will also give you an opportunity to reach new clients, increase sales, attract more customers and develop a strong digital presence for your business.
Here are some ways that designing a responsive website can boost your profitability:
- Higher conversion rates : The first advantage of having a responsive website is that it gives you an opportunity to convert visitors into leads at higher rates than non-responsive websites. This happens because users who are visiting your site from mobile devices or tablets tend to be engaged with what they see and have a higher likelihood of converting.
- Higher engagement : Another advantage of having a responsive website is the fact that using smart design on the web, you can create an engaging experience for your users, which in turn increases their chances of being interested enough in the product/service you’re offering them. For example, when someone uses your responsive website on their mobile phone or tablet device, instead of just seeing passive content like text and images, they get to view content that can be interacted with and used by them as well – this will increase their level of engagement with your business due to its convenience and ease-of-use factors.
- Higher search engine rankings : Search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and other such search engines use the content on your responsive website to determine its rank in their search results by using mobile-first indexing. This means that if you have a responsive website with good content quality and unique value-added content (such as articles or blog posts), it can boost your ranking because of the increased amount of valuable data that they get from this link.
- Higher credibility: Having a responsive, fast and with a good site structure website is also an easy way to increase your credibility among potential customers since it will give them more confidence while buying from you compared to some archaic website of your competitor.
Why invest both in website development and design equally?
Depending on your business environment, your brand image is the most important physical and digital business asset you have that’s why you should be investing in both website development and design to ensure the best possible results.
For example, if your business is a law firm with a modern corporate identity then that needs to be reflected on all its marketing materials and promotional tools. If your company has an image of being very tech-savvy or innovative, then it’s important that all of your marketing initiatives reflect this image.
A good web design and development agency will have its web developers and web designers work closely with you in order to reflect your brand image to the target audience and maximize your marketing presence. Following the web design principles, you can also go for a complete redesign every few years depending on how much work is required to maintain the site and how much your company has grown and how much your company’s mission changed.
Why website maintenance is necessary after development? How to hire the best website design agency in Cyprus and Greece?
The website maintenance plan not only covers core and plugins updates, backups, database optimization, but also website upgrades both in the back-end and front-end in order to follow the web design trends and increase and better engage your visitor traffic.
Website design and development cost
The internet is a great place to find information and advice on how to start any business. But it’s also important that you know what you are getting yourself into before launching your website.
It takes time and expertise to build beautiful, user-friendly, secure and fast websites that convert well. The calculation of the website development price for a tailor-made business website is not easy since it takes in account a lot of variables, such as the costs for:
- Domain name registration
- Website hosting
- Website development
- Website design
- Site maintenance
- Content creation and content management
- Photograph rights
- Premium or custom plugins
- Website marketing
- The business objectives that you want the website to fulfill
- The site structure that is appropriate for your business (scalable, dynamic, booking functions)
- Traffic analysis of your current website (in case it exists and you want an upgrade or face-lift) and all other platforms where your business is active
- The customer experiences you want your target audience to have when they navigate through your website
- E-Commerce solution functionality
- Payment gateways integrations
- Blog newsletter setup and automations
- Custom functions
- The technical skills and experience of the web designers and web developers who worked on your project.
If you’re looking for a professional and affordable website development price then the web development services of Digital Octapus are the smart choice. The return on investment (ROI) is a metric to measure the success of your SEO and marketing efforts based on how much you can get in return for your investments. The results are measured by comparing the amount you invest into the site with what you can get back from that investment from the quality leads that contact you from your website and marketing assets.
Built for enterprise-scale growth
Your end goal is to evolve and grow your business and make money so you can have more free time to spend with people you want and doing things you like. Unfortunately the everyday tasks take so much time and you are stuck dealing with them and don’t have time to take the business a step further.
One main difference between small companies and large ones, is that the large ones have built so many website automations that happen behind the scenes without the need for human actions. This allows for more free time to work on your business instead of constantly working in your business.
While many people may not notice it at first, a website is one of the most important tools for any business. Without a website, your business would be limited to only those who come into contact with you through word-of-mouth.
Even the most brilliant website can be rendered useless by a bad hosting environment. The right combination of great technology and expert advice can make all the difference in finding your next web hosting provider. Website hosting is a service that provides a space for you to store and share your content. Web hosts are also responsible for the delivery of your website, which includes making sure it’s accessible from anywhere in the world.
Your website server must be reliable, secure and fast as the loading speed of your website is a very important factor for user engagement and ranking in the search engines. If you need to know more about website hosting, get in touch with us today.
When you put your content on the web, it’s important that it is delivered in a fast and reliable manner. Most web hosting providers also offer CDN services which allow you to move the content from their servers closer to your customers, instead from yours. This will make sure that your website is faster than ever before as it never has to travel too far for users to access it through their browsers.
The most common method of delivering content over a network is called “content delivery network” (CDN). Through this technique, multiple servers are used instead of one server when distributing data around the world. The benefits of using CDN include increased speeds and lower costs due to redundancy. If you need some help choosing a new web hosting provider or would like some tips on how to choose between all those different website hosting plans, contact us now!
Nobody ever said “oh, i like how slow this website is” or “sweet, i just placed an order but it didn’t go through because the website froze. Now i have to fill in all this information again”.
How to find a web developer that understands your business challenges?
As a small business owner, you know that finding the right web developer can be a challenge. You want to find one that understands your business challenges and has experience in what you do. When you’re looking for a web developer, here are some questions to ask:
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they offer a free consultation?
- Have they designed websites that were similar to yours?
- Are their portfolios easy to view and understand?
- What is their past experience with your industry or niche market?
The following is an example of how to find a web developer that understands your business challenges:
- First, identify which problems are most important to solve for your company.
- Then, look at the qualifications of several candidates who have those skills or expertise.
- Finally, choose the person with whom you feel most comfortable working with on a personal level.
How to choose a website design and development company?
Choosing Digital Octapus is a no-brainer if you want to improve your web presence since our agency team is full of experienced WordPress specialists capable of professional web design and development.
How to pick the best website design and development company for your business needs?
Here at Digital Octapus, our web development solutions include WordPress and other open source systems for website development and maintenance so you can rest assured that we don’t “lock clients”. Our web design services are based on the latest trends in website creation and maintenance. However, you should always remember that there is no one service provider who can provide everything, so it’s important to choose a company that has the skills and experience to do exactly what you want. Here are some of the things to consider when choosing a web development company:
- What kind of customers do they have?
- What is their track record?
- How long have they been in business for?
- How willing are they to help your business evolve too?
- Do they understand what is your target audience and how to approach it?
- Are they confident they can provide results and maintain them?
- How many years’ experience does their team have and their technical skills level?
- Does their portfolio show quality work or just template designs made from other companies?
- Have they got testimonials from happy clients about how well their websites were built/maintained by them (if this option is available)?
- Are there any special offers/discounts which might be beneficial as part of your package deal (for example: discounted rates for hosting, social media management, Google Adwords, SEO optimization)?
- Can they use all your marketing assets efficiently?
- What is their website creation process and their web design process?
- Can they keep your business online in the future and continue offering you a competitive advantage?
Increase your online presence
Having your brand image and “feel” in mind, as your most powerful weapon, we can help your business achieve its business objectives, increase its visitor traffic, improve the user experience across all channels and achieve better search engine ranking. The more you know about the people who visit your website, the better you can tailor it to them. Having your blog newsletter setup and fully taking advantage of it is another way to talk to your clients hearts and brains and have them come back for more of what you are offering. Our services are fast acting to get results for you in a short time without any compromises on quality or service.
Our team of talented professionals is passionate about what they do and work closely with our clients to ensure they achieve their goals through an effective web presence strategy as well as by providing value added services such as search engine optimization (SEO) , social media management , website server hosting services, performance optimizations and more.
If you have any questions or would like to talk about this post or request a quote to join our community, feel free to call us or reach us through our contact form here.